POTS & Flying and Las Vegas Trip Review Part Two

Part One

The paramedics met the plane and took me onto the ramp thing you walk onto to get on the plane. There were also a Southwest Air manager and other people – CYA folks I guess. This was the first time I’ve flown Southwest in about 20 years I think and the air crew were very nice and professional through the whole thing.

Anyway, the paramedics checked me out while the rest of the passengers deplaned, and recommended that I go to the hospital. I refused – the ER would just give me some IV fluids. I promised the paramedics that I’d stay hydrated while in Las Vegas (desert!) and signed some release forms. The Southwest manager told me I’d have to get a Dr note to be allowed to fly home on my return trip. The paramedics said that the airport has a clinic, and to show up early for my flight & the Dr there could give me the release. I signed the CYA forms for the paramedics and for the Southwest manager and told her the flight crew did a good job.

My wheelchair assistance from Southwest (which I have to request now to get through airports) was waiting for me at the end of the ramp and took me to get my bag from baggage claim and to get my taxi to the Flamingo.

This is my 3rd or 4th trip to Vegas and the last time I was there was in 2001 for COMDEX, I think. My first impressions, looking out the cab windows, was WOW Brown! (we live in the woods) and OOH Palm Trees! and that things seemed pretty much the same, on the outside, as the trip 10 years before.

Usually I would stay at The Sahara. I liked it because it was cheap but clean, had good service, and most importantly, it had Old Vegas history. It was built in the early 1950’s and is where the Rat Pack performed, plus Marlene Dietrich, Louis Prima & Keeley Smith, etc. Also where Ocean’s Eleven (the ORIGINAL) was filmed. 🙂 This time I wanted to be closer to where my nephew’s wedding was being held & my sister wanted to stay at the Flamingo (we had good luck there before on slots) so I stayed at The Flamingo, down the hall from my sister and brother-in-law.

During the cab ride I grabbed one of those free what’s going on in Vegas coupon magazines, and saw that The Sahara is closing next month! Noooooo! 😦 😦 😦 Wah. After a few minutes, I was already on The Strip at The Flamingo. The check in process was pretty quick and the desk clerk, Dennis, was very polite and gave good customer service.

…to be continued….

Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.
%d bloggers like this: